Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Verse and Thoughts for the Day

Pin It 2 Peter 1:3 - His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

So am I reading that right? He has given us everything we need for life and godliness?

Kinda wipes out all of my excuses.

When I see a glaring area of my life that needs to be changed, I'm so quick to whine that I'm not equipped to change it, that I need to do x, y, and z before working on THAT. But Lord, I've got this area nailed down, why can't we spend more time over here?

I'm EQUIPPED. I have everything I need. Godliness is reachable because His own glory and goodness has provided a way to reach it. Godliness ... being like God. Striving to be like Christ in all things. Doing what I'm supposed to be doing, when I'm supposed to be doing it, in the manner in which it's supposed to be done.

So in the frustrating battles that I don't know how to deal with, I'm equipped. Making excuses won't work, but neither will jumping out there in my own power. He has equipped me ... through His Word, through His Holy Spirit, through Him revealing Himself to me.

HOW AWESOME!

No comments: