Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Year in Review

Pin It Totally stolen from April's blog. Please feel free to take it and do your own list. I love stuff like this!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Still thinking on this one ... I'll edit if I think of something

2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I kind of kept them. I will very likely make more for 2009. Maybe I'll do a better job with them this year!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Several friends did. :) And one good friend JUST found out that she's pregnant and several other friends are pregnant, so there will be lots of new babies in 2009.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my uncle.

5. What countries did you visit?
Louisiana. What do you mean that's not another country???

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More self-discipline

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?
September 13, 2008 - Hurricane Ike

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
potty training

9. What was your biggest failure?
I'm not debt free, and expected to be. It's okay though, we're close. I guess if that's the biggest failure, the year has been a success!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
eh, just strep

11. What was the best thing you bought?
It's a toss up between the car and the camera. LOL Yep, I love my camera THAT much.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Gabbi, who learned that it's easier to just sit down and get the schoolwork done without arguing than to argue and get in trouble and still have to do the schoolwork. It doesn't *always* work, but most days school is easier with her than it's ever been before. And maybe my own behavior as well ... since I'm 45 lbs lighter than this time a year ago. :)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My mama always said that if you didn't have anything nice to say, then to stay quiet, so I'm going to stay quiet on this one.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and the car.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
potty training

16. What song/album will always remind you of 2008?
Any of the High School Musical stuff

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier/sadder,thinner/heavier,richer/poorer?
happier I think, thinner (but still not thin ... sigh ...), richer probably, at least less in debt

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
laughed with the little ones

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
wasted time

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Having a fun family Christmas at home, and going to spend a day at my parents' house.

21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
I'm not a big phone conversation person. I'd guess my mom, Micah, and Valerie

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
nope, other than falling more deeply in love with every member of my family

23. How many one night stands in this last year?
six :-P

24. What was your favorite TV program?
my vice ... House. Also a fair amount of Blues Clues, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Hannah Montana thrown in.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
hate is such a strong word! I don't think I hate anyone.

26. What was the best book(s) you read?
book/Bible study - Daniel by Beth Moore

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
the local Christian radio station

28. What did you want and get?
my camera :)

29. What did you want and not get?
instant knowledge of how to use that camera

30. What were your favorite films of this year?
I think Fireproof may have been the only non-kid movie I saw this year! I loved it though!

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Jim and I probably went out to dinner? (Hm, maybe we saw Fireproof! LOL) I was 39.

32. What's one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
being able to end 2008 debt free. Really though, I'm satisfied with my life. :)

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
clothing that fits LOL

34. What kept you sane?
Jim

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I'm finding that most celebs are quite a bit younger than I am. This really hurts my feelings. I'm rejecting them all.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
ugh, the P word.

37. Who did you miss?
my grandmothers. Hearing a little girl call her grandmother "Dedo" caused me to just lose it at church a couple of weeks ago. I really miss both of my grandmothers. :(

38. Who was the best new person you met?
hm ... I think really the only "new person" I met in 2008 would be Michael, who I just love to pieces. I've gotten to know a lot of people a lot better in 2008, mainly MOPS moms, and I have been so blessed by that! (Even though they're quite a bit younger than I am ... which hurts my feelings. LOL!!)

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Don't trust anything the National Guard tells you The Lord really can direct two people who love Him in different directions, and it doesn't mean one is right and one is wrong, or that one is a real Christian and one is not.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
It’s hard to be cool when you’re behind the wheel
Of an eight passenger automobile
In a big bubble, cruisin’ down the street
With Barney blarin’ and a baby seat
Hey it can be done, but I’m tellin’ you man
It’s hard to be cool in a minivan.

2 comments:

April said...

fun!

cvcraven said...

How did I not know you were a House fan too?????? I didn't think it was possible to like you more. LOL