Thursday, January 22, 2009

Where is that darn manual? - Updated

Pin It Annnnnndddd, another update ... she DID wake up completely miserable today, with a higher fever. I'm guessing we're dr bound. She actually still says she's feeling okay, but she looks and sounds like that might not be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Update: This is truly bizarre to me. She is still running fever. She has a cough and has complained of a headache off and on, but that's it. Other than that, she's feeling fine. Her temp didn't get over 101 yesterday; actually the highest was 100.8. Just weird. I'm calling it a virus and letting her ride it out unless she happens to wake up completely miserable today.

You know, that manual that kids are supposed to come with. EVERYTHING comes with a manual! The DISHES I recently bought came with a manual. And oh my heavens, everything that plugs into a wall comes with a manual.

I really need a manual for my child right about now.

See, she's sick.

I'm doing that mommy dance of "take her in or let her ride it out." She's running fever, let's all lean to the "take her in" side. It's not a high fever though, and she usually does, or did, I guess, run high fevers. Lean back to the "ride it out" side. She's coughing and has a headache ... back to the "take her in side." She's not really acting all that sick though ... lean the other way. It's Thursday though, so if it becomes a bigger deal, it would be good to know that before the weekend, and also to prepare for the other kids to start dropping like flies. Okay, back to the other side.

Anyone else getting dizzy?

This child is 10 years old, you'd think I'd know what to do by now! She hasn't been sick ... AT ALL ... since having her tonsils out in 2005 or 2006 (I've been racking my brain trying to remember if I was pregnant with Brendan or if he was a baby when that happened!)

What to do ... what to do ...

What would YOU do?


Tammy said...

First, I know why she got sick. You bragged on Tuesday that she never gets sick. LOL!

Second, I would make an appointment for tomorrow. That way you still have 24 hours to see what happens and then decide if you want to keep the appointment.

That's my $.02!

meltedlikewaxps97_5 said...

I also think you should try for an appt. tomorrow. And see how she does today and tonight. This way you won't have to suffer thru the weekend if she gets worse. OR, take her in, get the prescriptions and only fill it if she gets worse...over the weekend.

$.02 from Renee....;-)

Becca said...

I agree with tomorrow. You do not want a sick kid through the weekend.