Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 13, 2009

Not Me Monday

Pin It

It is not me, who, while at my mother in law's house did NOTHING for a solid day other than read a book. I did not pass off the care of my children to anyone who would care for them, and did not just sit and read and take a nap all day long. I didn't go to bed and leave the girls awake either, just telling them to go to bed when they got tired, and to not forget to brush their teeth. I am a better parent than that, and would not just leave my children to fend for themselves.

It is not me who noticed that Brendan's freckles seemed a little darker yesterday. It is also not me who noticed that some of them washed off in the bathtub. I'd never let my child run around dirty enough to have freckles made of dirt! I'd also never let him get dirty enough that there was an entire layer of sand in the tub after he got out. Nope, not me.

I am not sitting here in a state of lethargy such that any kind of physical activity whatsoever is going to wipe me out. This does not worry me in the least when I plan to get back home and back into my Shred routine. I am not seriously thinking that I'm either going to have to get with it and get off my lazy behind or that I'm going to have to start over.

My children, particularly the two little ones are not going WILD at 9:00 in the morning! Brendan is not RUNNING through the house with a toy golf cart and Madelyn is not shrieking in the family room. Where is the mother of these children? (They ARE having a good time though~!)

One more, it is not me who is missing my BFF's birthday for the THIRD YEAR IN A ROW! Oh my. I love my friend and would never be out of town every single year on her birthday! :( (happy birthday Micah~!! We'll be celebrating your birthday when we get back home!)

Okay, well that's it for this week. What did you not do this week?

1 comment:

elizabeth embracing life said...

Oh I would guess we have some similar stories for today. It's not me who would really let my kids play and play and play and then an hour later realize I have not seen or heard. Not my kids playing nicely in the big boys room. I need to leave them alone more often.