Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Brendan's First Day of School

Pin It Please enjoy a couple of perfectly awful pictures of my sweet son on his first day of Mother's Day Out.

He was really excited this morning. We got up and Gabbi made his lunch for him. He got all of his stuff together and was so happy to put on his backpack. He has reached that lovely fake smile stage that they all seem to go through. This is just before we left:


Then we got to "school." He was still excited but also getting a little nervous. I had prepared him to be in class with some of his friends, and he was excited to see them when we got here.

Then we realized he wasn't going to be in their class. Uh oh. He's a child who very much wants to know what to expect; not so much a "go with the flow" type of kid. (Hm ... wonder where THAT personality trait might have come from ...) So, we moved him over to the other room.


Thankfully Grayson was there. Usually the face in that picture precedes a fit, so that was it for the pics. I pretty much rushed out of there before the fit could begin.

I'm sure he's having a great time. I'm missing him. I'm also enjoying a teensy bit of quiet around here, while the girls are diligently doing their schoolwork.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww!! You'll have to tell us how his first day went. Hope he has lots of fun! Enjoy of few hours of quiet!!

Micah said...

I hope he's having a great time... I'm sure he'll get in the car with a million stories to tell.
Crossing my fingers that I get ANY pictures of Landon... at this point we won't care if they're bad ones... we just NEED some pictures!

Jenn said...

Just so you know...I was over in the kiddo's area several times during the day and he was having a great time. Mrs. Kerby had them busy all day and he was smiles and happy. It was a good day all around!!