Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

So long to "Persect"

Pin It I just love the "learning to talk" phase. For the longest time, Brendan has substituted s for f and z for v.

We watched mozies. His hair was poosy. Good days were persect. My personal favorite word was zelzet. He lozed his mama.

It was cute. I loved it.

Then that rotten older sister stepped in. I'd hear them at night. She'd say "VelVet" and he'd say "ZelZet." And I'd giggle. It was very sweet, and even sweeter that he really thought he was saying it correctly.

Then it happened.

He came in and triumphantly said "PERFECT!" And now we watch movies and his hair is poofy and he loves me. Funny how when they get it right, that's it. No more persect around here.

Why must he be growing up so quickly?

(He does at least still mix up his prepositions. I still buy things to him and give things from him. And I'm not pointing that out to older sister ... for a couple of months anyway, when the cuteness of going for the store starts to wear off!)

4 comments:

Becca said...

That is so sweet! I would miss it too.

Anonymous said...

That is very sweet but as a speech-language clinician in my former life, those kind of thing drove me nuts in my kids. I was forever doing speech therapy with them.

Becky said...

Aw. I do miss some of those things with the boys, too. Nicole, however, is just getting obstinate about l sounding like y. She grins every time she does it. Where *does* she get the stubborn-gonna-do-it-my-way streak?? (but can you say HILARIOUS when the retirees 2 doors down were determined to get her to say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious correctly?!)

Jenn said...

I miss this with Cade...although he does still mix up his L for a Y and says "yeddow" for yellow. He has already grown out of his precious little lisp. I knew he would grow out of all this and then I would realize my little baby boy is a big boy now.

I have one more to go. I will cherish his little mispronunciations until he grows out of them too. Just gotta get past these first few weeks. It's so hard with a newborn....feeding, changing, sleeping. I mean, what else is there in life, right? LOL