Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Thursday, June 17, 2010

What's the Point?

Pin It Okay, so I've been driving myself a little crazy lately with my blog. I'm pressuring myself to post more frequently and I don't even know why! I mean, if I don't have anything to say, I don't have anything to say, so why force it?

This has gotten me to wondering what the point is of my blog. Why do I blog? I don't put a ton of pics here, so it's not a place to store pics. I post about life things here, but I don't want to get *too* personal, so lately I've been holding off on that. Basically it's a mish-mash of whatever I feel like posting, whenever I feel like posting it. Which is fine, but it does seem a little pointless from time to time. I guess I need to determine if this space is for me or for potential readers, or I guess some combination of the two.

I'm kind of feeling the same way in lots of areas of life right now. Maybe because it's summer and I'm very much in a readjustment phase of life. Or maybe it's because I'm lazy.

I do know that I don't do too well without having a plan to follow. We're all laying around at home wandering aimlessly from room to room because we don't have a plan. I'm feeling like my blog is doing the same thing. Nothing wrong with that, I actually think it's a GOOD thing to not have a direction from time to time, but after a few days I begin to slowly be driven crazy by it.

Funny to think that the post before this one is about simplicity. I was thinking that not having a day to day plan WAS simplicity. For me, it's not! I do much better with my lists and plans, and goals. Wandering aimlessly does not work for me!

So, I guess I need to come up with some kind of plan. I need to figure out our goals for the summer, and I'd like to come up with some kind of plan or direction for this blog. hehe -- it may very well be that the plan I come up with very closely resembles what I've been doing up until now ... with some sort of direction in mind.

So, y'all be patient with me as I try to figure out what the point is, and what in the world I'm doing around here!

3 comments:

Micah said...

Well... (you know how I always make things about me)... so here ya go... lol
Your blog is a bright spot for me. Sometimes it makes me laugh. Sometimes it gives me a glimpse of your heart. Sometimes I even cry but I'm always glad I stopped by to "see you".

Annette said...

You entertain the rest of us that are living through the same sort of things, but do not have the skill to write that you have been blessed with! Your blog blesses readers, makes us think, and allows us to keep up with your family.

Mary Ann said...

You have a great blog Melanie! This post sounds like it could be me speaking. We have so much in common. I think one great thing about women blogging is that we can encourage one another by letting each other know that we are not alone. And sometimes... that is HUGE! But we are only human. We just do what we can and let God do the rest. God bless!