Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Women of Faith Wednesday -- Let's Cook!

Pin It

Woohoo, I want this week's prize~!! It's the American Profile Hometown Cookbook! I love cookbooks!

The question of the week:

What is one of your favorite homemade dishes? Share the recipe!

This is easy. One of my favorite dishes is chicken spaghetti. I took a couple of different recipes, combined them, and came up with a meal that everybody loves. Here in the south, we take food to people a lot. If you're sick, have surgery, have a new baby, have a death in the family, and I take you food, chances are it will be this.

You'll need --
16 oz velveeta (you can make this healthier by using the cheddar/milk combination, however, I really don't like it as well)
1 can rotel tomatoes (for any poor unfortunate souls who do not know what rotel is, let me know and I'll add you to my prayer list. :-P It's diced tomatoes and green chilies, btw. And fabulous.)
1 can cream of chicken soup (or cream of mushroom, or celery, or whatever you have on hand)
about one lb of cooked chicken, chopped (leftover chicken works great, as does rotisserie chicken, or even canned chicken)
one lb spaghetti noodles, cooked (I'm giggling that I was about to type that we always use whole wheat because it's healthier. Seriously? After velveeta and cream of chicken soup, does it appear that I'm REALLY all that concerned with making it healthy?)
a handful of veggies - chopped onion, celery, bell pepper, whatever you like (sometimes I sautee these, but usually I don't because I like the crunchiness)

Chop the velveeta, combine it with the soup and rotel and cook over low heat until it's all melty. Add the chicken and vegetables. Pour it over the cooked noodles. We usually have a salad and bread with it.

When we make this, for my family of five (two big appetites, one medium, two small appetites) we eat half and freeze half.

3 comments:

Nicole @Team Pipkin said...

Oh Goodness! This sounds YUMMY! I'm writing this one down. You know, sometimes you just get tired of plain ol'spaghetti & meatballs. I think my family is gonna love this! Thanks!

Show Us The World said...

I made Pioneer Woman's version of this a few weeks ago and my guys thought it was the greatest thing ever. We had leftovers for a few days afterward which made it doubly great for me!

Mary Ann said...

This sounds really good! I get so bored with the same old thing... I'm going to have to try this. Thanks!