Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Random Day in the Life

Pin It I had a fun day yesterday! After being rained out on Monday, a couple of friends and I were able to dash off to Houston yesterday to sell some homeschool books, buy some new ones, and just have fun visiting for the day. Oh, and La Madeleine. Pardon me while I drool for just a moment.

The find of the day? Teaching Textbooks math for half off! Woot! Okay, the find of the day was a total toss-up between that and the tiramisu at La Madeleine. Just keeping it real. The math won out by a very small margin. Something about the saving $75 just barely won out over the tiramisu decadence. Barely.

My friend's kids kept my kids. Apparently mine had a group grumpiness thing going on. We weren't even out of the driveway before it began. "I didn't want to tell you this, but SHE ..." (If you REALLY didn't want to tell me, perhaps it could have waited for more than FIVE SECONDS after seeing me!) This was followed, of course, by the obligatory "Well, SHE ..." This went back and forth for a couple of minutes, then naturally, "and then HE did ..." Poor little Brendan was buckled into his carseat, minding his own business, and was dragged into the girls' argument. He of course added his thoughts on the matter. And then promptly went to sleep. Oh how we love the power naps. :-/

So evidently my children, all three, were little terrors yesterday. Fabulous. Makes me can't wait to have another Mom's Day Out.

One leaves for camp today. The house is going to be so very quiet while she's gone. The funny thing? She's the quiet one. It cracks me up that the child who really is quiet will be gone for a few days and the whole house will be quieter. Part of that will be the constant running Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber soundtrack will be off for a few days.

Oh, and while she's gone? The house will be having some vampire extermination. I gave in a little, and they seem to be taking over. Camp can clear her mind of such things, and I'll take care of clearing the physical space of them. Your book? Why no, hon. I have no idea. Well, yes, I did do some light cleaning in your room while you were gone because I missed you and wanted you to come home to a nice, clean room. Because I love you. I'll let you know if I come across that book though. ;)

Will her brother survive without her here? I told him last night that she was going and the boy got teary. Seriously. He drew her a picture - in which she was pregnant with a cat. Not sure what THAT'S about, but I packaged it up to be delivered to her at camp.

Her sister on the other hand, has been dancing around with glee and offering to help her pack. I'm sure it's all an act. ;)

The real question? How on earth will my big girl survive without her cell phone and music. Stay tuned, I'll keep you posted.

No comments: