Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Friday, October 8, 2010

The Top Ten Surprises of Growing Up

Pin It 10. That the song "Physical" by Olivia Newton John is not actually about exercise.

9. Men use more toilet paper than women do.

8. Given a choice, a nap wins out over shopping nine times out of ten.

7. Most of the time, when it comes to the kids, I really am more interested in quiet than in figuring out who is right.

6. That I would take a nearly 40 pound five year old, consider him a baby, and carry him around like one any chance I get.

5. Even the tiniest feet, crammed into shoes with out socks, stink. Badly. And I would be willing to pull over the car to find the shoes and insist they be put back on the feet if said shoes are removed while driving.

4. A dog will eat a chicken nugget that has been stuck under a carseat for months.

3. A child will eat an m&m that has been stuck under a carseat for months.

2. That I would actually hold my hands out in front of a child who was about to ... you know ... because hands are much easier to wash than carpet.

1. That EVERY age of my kids is my favorite age. 12? Favorite. 9? Favorite. 5? Favorite. Every one in between? Favorite.

It's a beautiful day, and life is good!

9 comments:

Dorie said...

Your list made me laugh!
I, too, did not know that about the song (no. 10) until I got older.

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

Had to laugh at #10 as well. I remember running around singing that song as a really young girl. I bet my mom and dad cringed inwardly each time they heard the words uttered from my mouth! :) Funny! Loved your list!

Judith C Evans said...

Love this post, especially #9 and 10! Great blog, as always...thanks for sharing! :)

Micah said...

LOL love the list. Thanks for the giggles. :)

Anonymous said...

Great list! Oh the things we learn as Moms. Have a great weekend!

Don't forget to link up today if you have a chance...
http://www.arborcreek3.blogspot.com

MamaJ said...

SO funny!! Love this post!! #2 made me laugh the most, because I've done that for a child. Hands were better than the carpet at CHURCH! :-/

Unknown said...

You had me laughing! Love it!
Thank you for stopping by my blog and I am a new follower :)
Blessings!

Mary Ann said...

Great list! It's nice to be able to laugh about it all. And #5... boy can I relate! :D

God bless!

meltedlikewaxps97_5 said...

Hey Melanie!

about #1.... ME, TOO!!! :)