Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Monday, December 20, 2010

1000 Gifts - 51-60

Pin It

51.  For Christmas break, and being able to really take a break because everything that needs to be done is done.

52.  For my Nook, upon which I have loaded several books and am really enjoying sitting in a warm house, cuddled up with a warm blanket, reading good books.

53.  For Candy Cane Kisses.  By far and away the best dessert treat of this season!  (And for my daughter who dug through the shelves at Target and found the last package.)  (And I should probably be thankful that there was only one package because I hide these things and eat them all myself.)

54.  For Christmas trees, which having been out for a couple of weeks, have had every ornament moved to the eye level of a five year old, crammed onto just a few branches.  The time for a perfect looking tree will come, but for now, I'll enjoy the five year old decorative style.

55.  For sweet snuggly boys who slip into my room at night for just one more kiss and hug.

56.  Peppermint mocha at Starbucks.  I think I shall treat myself today!

57.  For the Christmas Eve service at church, which is beautiful and special.  We have attended every year and just love it.

58.  For my church family.  We are so tremendously blessed to be a part of our church.

59.  For my co-op junior high class.  I've had this same group of kids - some added or subtracted through the years - since my daughter was in first grade, and she's now in 7th.  I love these kids and have so enjoyed watching them grow up.  It was amazing to watch them perform Narnia last Friday night and just remember them being the little six and seven year olds that they were when I met them.

60.  For having a week to just be still and reflect on Christmas.  The Word becoming flesh and dwelling among us.  And we being able to behold His glory, the glory of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.