Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 19, 2009

My brother Troy, what happened and the updates

Pin It Since I've gotten messages on facebook, emails, phone calls and IM's from family and friends asking what happened, I'll put it all here and add updates as I get them from my parents.

As to what happened to start with, all the info I have is that he had a stroke. We were told that it's likely this isn't the first one. He's currently in ICU in a hospital in Springfield, and my parents are with him.

There is definitely some heart and brain damage from this, but the extent of that is unknown at this time.

As of Tuesday, there was a blood clot in his lungs and medication was being given to treat that.

Evidently there is an aneurysm in his brain that has caused the strokes. As of the info I was given on Tuesday, this was believed to be inoperable. I'm really not sure if it was permanently inoperable, or if other situations needed to be resolved before surgery could be considered.

He was currently on a respirator and paralytics to keep him from fighting the respirator. Yesterday my dad said that Troy's doctors were going to try to lower the medications and wake him up a little, but then came back to say that they wanted to do another MRI to check on the aneurysm first. I think it was about 1:00 when I talked to him. I did not hear back from them yesterday, so I don't know what that means. I know ICU visiting hours are weird, so I opted not to call in case they were taking a few minutes to get some sleep.

The one thing my dad said yesterday was that the doctor told him that the next 48 hours were crucial and would answer a lot of questions.

I'm expecting a call from them soon, but if I don't hear something in the next hour or so, I'll give them a call.

I'll continue to post updates here on my blog as I get them.

Thank you guys for loving us and for praying for us. Please continue to do so. Please pray for Troy's sons too. They need their father.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Praying for your family Melanie.

gina m said...

I love you, and I'm praying for you and your family. let me know what I can do.

Show Us The World said...

Praying for all of you.