Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Not Me Monday

Pin It Let's jump right in, shall we?



I have not been glaring at this date (1/5) on my calendar for the last week, knowing it meant time for school to start back up. I have not enjoyed the school break so much that I am just dreading getting back. I have not actually tried to come up with a way to take another week off. Who cares if they graduate from high school when friends their age are graduating from college, right?

And speaking of school, I am not WAY too uptight about our homeschool, or our satellite either. I don't have lists all over my desk of plans and times and other stuff dealing with school, and I don't have a note I made to myself back in June about how I was going to relax this year and let the kids learn without mama bear hovering over the top of them, and about how character was more important than academics. To that end, I do not spend way too much time drilling multiplication and division facts, and not nearly enough time working on AWANA stuff and character training. This is actually a serious thing -- I need to come up with a way to balance the two. I don't want to be the roaring lion, get in there and do your work! type mom, nor do I want to be the oh it's okay, you'll learn that when you're ready type mom. I want what's best for my children, even if that's different from what I think is best. It's a tough balance.

Okay, well, I did not just take my light hearted not me list and stick something serious in there. I'd never do that, I'd much rather joke and play around than do anything serious!

I have loads of not me's regarding the dog. I am not currently regretting the decision to keep the dog. As far as dogs go, I like this one best, but in all honesty, that's not saying a whole lot. One night this week, I did not slam the bathroom door in anger because the dog insisted on scratching her nails on the bottom of her crate. I am not the lightest sleeper in the world, so of course it didn't wake me up when she did it 56789745648784 times. And I did not decide that I had had enough and try to think of a way I could toss her off of a bridge. I didn't just give up and put her out for the night ... loudly ... either. I don't really think that if something wakes ME up, I should have every right to wake my husband up. Okay, maybe I do. ;)

Okay ... all that said ... it's now time to start the day. Except I'm the only one awake. It's nice to start the day in quiet, so I'm going to go enjoy it for a few minutes until the little one wakes up to snuggle me.

No comments: