Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I Got Geography Issues

Pin It (and evidently grammar issues as well with a title like that!)

Have you tried this? Silly me, seeing this on a blog and thinking it would be easy. After all, I AM a homeschool mom. Plus, I'm reasonably well traveled in the United States.

ahem.

My average error is 50 miles. Not bad ... until you consider that I got 41 states right. So, of the 9 that I missed, to make the AVERAGE error 50 miles, well, I missed those 9 by A LOT. I'm pretty good on the edges. It's those middle states that I have a hard time with. I actually told my child, as she was studying geography, that one of the states she was looking for was somewhere in the middle. That was because I wanted her to find it herself, not because "somewhere in the middle" was as close as I could get. Riiiiiight.

So, if you're going somewhere in the middle, or somewhere in the northeast, and need directions, I'm probably not the person you should call. Mapquest is your friend. And mine.

No real point to this post other than to share my "I feel stupid" moment of the day. And to steal Shannon's post a little ... although hers is WAY better written.

So how did YOU do?
My first score was 82%, average error 50 miles, time 288 seconds ... about 200 of which was spent asking Gabbi where certain states were supposed to go.

(Yes, in case you're wondering, this is my third post in about 24 hours. Evidently this is how I operate. Post post post post post and then take the rest of the week off.)

No comments: