Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Delayed update, sorry

Pin It I talked to my dad at about lunchtime, after they had spoken with the doctors.

The agitation that Troy was experiencing earlier this morning is apparently par for the course. They're still very pleased with his progress and have said that this is a long road which will be filled with ups and downs.

The good news: he swallowed a pill. His motor function seems to be as it should be.

The bad news: there is some definite brain damage, the extent of which cannot be determined at this time.

The heart damage and the cause of the strokes are assumed to be a side effect of the infections he's had through the years. They're not sure yet how treating that and prevention of future problems is going to work.

I'm still thrilled that there is talk of preventing future problems!

Mom and dad enjoyed a visit with their grandsons earlier today. (Troy's three boys.)

On a completely unrelated note: My children don't know yet that their father will be leaving in June. I intend to have Jim spend some time with them Friday and let them know. Please if your children are friends with mine, don't share this with them yet. I'm sure that's a complete non-issue, but I thought I'd put it out there just in case. Thank you for understanding.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Praying for Jim and the kiddos!