Wednesday, March 25, 2009

We're on the Rollercoaster

Pin It I just talked to my dad. Last night and this morning have not been as good as yesterday afternoon. Troy has not been coherent, and appears to be in pain. He has been completely free of pain medicine the last couple of days. He's been on heavy duty pain medicine ever since the amputation ... five years or so, so at least in my (admittedly very non-medical) mind, it makes sense that if he's without it completely, he's experiencing some pain. I believe the plan is to revisit the need for pain medicine.

He is still breathing sufficiently on his own, so that's a very good sign.

The neurologist and cardiologist are deciding what to do next. There is a possibility that given the improvements over the last couple of days, the thought of surgery on the aneurysm could be reconsidered. I think there are a lot of other factors to consider there though, so it's a wait and see thing.

No comments: