Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 25, 2009

Not Me!

Pin It Welcome to Not Me Monday!



Life is not running at a super crazy pace these days, and I'm not so overwhelmed with all that needs to be done that I seem to be incapable of doing any of it! Nope, not me! I do not have a bedroom that needs cleaning, laundry that needs folding, bathrooms that need ... well, a *lot* considering one of them is used frequently by a three year old boy ... costumes that need something ... I don't even know what! (Yes, it is also not me who received these costumes about two months ago and never even took them out of the package. Let's all have a moment of prayer that they even fit and don't require 78946567126 rhinestones each, as recital is FRIDAY. Procrastinate much? Nope, not me!!)

I have not been going between anger, tears, denial, and being perfectly fine at an alarming pace. It has not caused me to wonder if I should just put a sticker on my shirt to warn people in advance. (Um, so if you're reading this ... you might want to consider yourself warned. I'm just sayin'.)

The not me family: We did not make a trip to Houston on Friday for the specific purpose of getting an ID for the one child who could not get a permanent ID when we went before due to her parents losing her social security card. We also did not get the clue when we went to the first place and found it closed, that it was entirely possible, even likely, that the second place would be closed as well. We did not drive all the way across Houston to find this out. This would not have been easily discovered by a simple phone call. We did end up having a pretty good day in Houston anyway though. :)

And one more ... I did not break into the UGLY CRY at church yesterday. I'm sure the poor visitors that were sitting right in front of me were not concerned at all that there was a complete breakdown occurring right behind them. You know that cry that I think we all have when we've held it in and held it in and then suddenly it breaks out and you can't stop it? Nope, didn't happen to me.

Oh, and I thought of one more. One of my children is not receiving a $5 from the "tooth fairy" (which she really doesn't believe in at all) because her parents were too lazy to run out to the car to try to dig up change. We did not look through everything in a one foot radius from where we were sitting and come up with a $5 bill and three quarters and decide to just go with the $5. Another child did not HOWL in protest and question if her sister's teeth are made of gold or something. I did not just tell her that I'd give her a $5 too, if she'd just stop complaining. To carry this a little further, I don't actually have another $5 to give her. Think she'll forget? Nope, not her. I forsee a trip to the ATM and then to the gas station to buy a pack of gum so she can have a $5. All of which could have been avoided if I would have just been willing to run out to my car ... at midnight ... which is NOT when the children went to sleep last night.

No comments: