Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 19, 2009

Not Me Monday

Pin It


I think I need a little not-me'ing today.

I have not had a heck of a week in the last week, filled with tons on not so stellar parenting moments, with all three sick with the flu at the same time and a mother in law visit.

That said ...

The one and only thing my mother in law requests while she is visiting is coffee. That's it. No other special requests, and even the coffee she requests is very basic plain ole' coffee.

I did NOT forget to buy coffee for her before she came. Yes, I did only get out to go to the doctor's and pharmacy the couple of days before she got here, however, I did know for several weeks in advance, and did make several trips to the grocery store in that time. We did not have to stop on the way home at the grocery store for the express purpose of buying coffee.

Speaking of which, it was not me who took three kids sick with the flu into the Houston airport. Nope, not me. I did follow behind them with antibacterial wipes. That makes it all better, right?

I also did not bring my mother in law to my house and slip out alone every stinkin' chance I got. Nope, not me. I wouldn't take advantage of free babysitting like that.

The day after getting over the flu, Brendan got sick again. I didn't treat this a little too nonchalantly, thinking this was just how the flu was working for him, until I called the doctor and they said to bring him in. Now. I also didn't opt for a shot for him rather than a specific medicine simply because a shot would just get it over with. Since our experience with Tamiflu and Brendan is still splattered on my walls, I did not opt for the easy way out, even if it would cause pain for my son. And now that he is still taking antibiotics, I don't tell him with every dose that if he won't take it, we can just go get a shot. Nope, not me.

And today, after a busy day of co-op and a busy week last week, I am not sitting here trying to be as lazy as possible. I don't have a room 1/3 painted that needs to be finished, and I don't have three loads of laundry waiting to be folded. I also don't have supper that needs to be made and floors that need to be swept or vacuumed. I also have not learned that this will wait until tomorrow. Except the meal. I guess food should be something of a priority. Maybe if I aim for getting that done and then call it good enough for the night?

1 comment:

Kelli W said...

I NEVER take advantage of free babysitting either...and I don't have multiple loads of laundry waiting to be folded and put away!