Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Not So Interesting Life

Pin It I've been a little antsy lately. I've been wanting to update my blog but really haven't been able to come up with anything to share. The thing is, we've been RUNNING. It's not like we've been sitting around doing nothing. We've been doing tons of things.

We had our co-op end of the year open house. I have to giggle at this - every year, the kids are SO SAD for co-op to end and the moms all get together to do a group happy dance. (Which, to be honest, that's what needs to be recorded for posterity!) We love co-op and will be happy for it to restart in the fall, but there really is much rejoicing when it ends in the spring.

We loaded up and went to the zoo last week too, which was fun. After that, we went to visit my sister and nephew.

The girls also had their end of the year choir concert. This was FABULOUS, as always. Their leader does such a fabulous job with these kids! I had a special treat this year - both girls had small solos. Gabbi sings a lot so the novelty of her singing has worn off a little. Not really worn off, but we know what to expect when she sings. Madelyn though, this was her first. She sang "so, a needle pulling thread" (name that song) and did a great job! This concert is always such a treat. We refer to the choir as the best kept secret around here because it's always amazing that there aren't tons of kids involved. Gabbi has been there from the beginning and we have no intention of her aging out of it anytime soon!

(bored yet?)

I had a fabulous Mother's Day. My kids and hubby spoiled me, and it was nice. A friend called me and asked if she could come over and keep my kids so Jim and I could have a date. Um, YEAH. What a fabulous blessing! Jim and I had a very nice date. (We officially have old people dates now. We went to a really nice restaurant and then went to Target to buy dishwasher detergent. I am not even kidding. Woohoo at the romance.)

This week we've been kind of taking it easy. I'm finishing up our school plans for next year, along with working on my co-op plans for next year. Today we got our van back (WOOHOO!!) Brendan was quite sad to give the Tahoe back; he's such a boy. I was delighted to SIT in my car rather than CLIMB into my car.

(Okay, I'm even boring myself now.)

(and now there is a naked little boy tushie in my bedroom, so I suppose I need to close this anyway and get him a towel!)

No comments: