Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Few Things I've Learned

Pin It Just thought I'd pass a little wisdom along. Because I like to give back like that.

1. This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever:

* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 1 egg
* 1 egg yolk
* 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

Your family would arise and call you blessed if you made this today.

2. If you happen to use bread flour rather than all purpose flour to make these cookies, they will end up tasting a whole lot like play-doh with chocolate chips.

3. Children will not even notice the play-doh flavor of the cookies and will eat them up just as if they were the normal yummiest cookies ever that you usually make.

4. Eventually the heavenly smell will overtake the play-doh taste and you will find yourself eating the cookies as well.

5. It's a good idea to check the label on the cereal before feeding it to your child who is allergic to oats. In case you're wondering, Lucky Charms are made of oats. Learned that the hard way.

6. #5 was just a random fact that was rolling around in my head and I thought I would pass it along to you. This would not at all be because I was saving my daughter from the cereal by eating it for a snack as I type.

So go make some cookies. Stay away from the bread flour though.

Recipe came from www.allrecipes.com, right here.

2 comments:

Micah said...

B.A.D. bad! That is what you are!!!
I have been walking to the pantry for the express purpose of drooling on the chocolate chips for TWO days.
BAD I say!
You know if I make them I will be obligated to eat HALF the batch.
...before the kids get home.... then have "my share" of the ones left when they get here!

melanie said...

Just make them with bread flour. They'll be way less tempting that way. :-P