Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Homeschool Village - Thanksgiving Interview

Pin It


This ought to be fun. The Homeschool Village would like us to interview our children this week to get their perspective on Thanksgiving. Two questions:
1. What do you like most about Thanksgiving?
2. How do you describe Thanksgiving?

Answers from the middle one:
1. I like the food. I'm generally a big fan of food so that's important to me. I also like family and spending time with my cousins.

2. It was a time when Pilgrims came on the Cauliflower into America. (Yes she REALLY said cauliflower. I think I need to have a discussion with her teacher. Oh ... wait. Never mind.) They met the Indians and had a meal together. At our house, we usually go to either Grammy's or Nana and Granddaddy's house. We spend time with our family and it's really fun. There is always a BIG turkey.

From the little one:
1. Turkey! And also cookies.

2. It's about food and people. The ship is called Mayflower. (Great. Mrs. Russell is a much better teacher than I am. The five year old knows the name of the ship. The nine year old has it confused with a vegetable she won't eat. LOL!)

And from the oldest:
1. Hanging out with family. Well, that and the food.

2. Thanksgiving is a festive time of year that makes the house smell very good.

(I am really surprised that neither of the older two mentioned having the week off school. I think that might be one of the very best parts for me!)

What do YOUR children say? Link up at The Homeschool Village!

1 comment:

Deb Chitwood said...

I love the Cauliflower comment - made me laugh! I always think it's fun to see what comes up first in our kids' minds when they think about a holiday.
http://LivingMontessoriNow.com