41. For advent, and how we are already getting in the habit of doing our nightly devotion. Also for easily obtained advent devotionals and ornaments.
42. For all of the December activity and the joy and excitement that comes with the Christmas season.
43. For A Charlie Brown Christmas, which is my favorite Christmas movie of all time.
44. For the Casting Crowns Christmas CD, which has entered my top three list of Christmas CD's that I can't wait to pull out every year.
45. For Handel's Messiah, particularly the "Young Messiah" version of it. I don't think I have ever listened to it without tears and imagining that heaven will sound something like that.
46. For a very pleasant week of school in which work was done without complaining and arguing.
48. For the piano, even though a lot of times the "music" that comes from it strongly resembles pounding, it is giving my children a further appreciation for music.
49. The fact that the Christmas shopping is mostly done. One more "tough" person to buy for, then a couple of easy ones and that's it.
50. The realization of Emmanuel - GOD WITH US - is becoming real to me this year in a different way than before.
Are you listing your 1000 gifts? For what are you thankful? What gifts has our Father blessed you with?