Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Monday, December 13, 2010

I have a feeling ...

Pin It ... that it's going to be one of THOSE weeks.

You know the ones.  The ones where there is too much to do and too little time to squeeze it all in?  The ones where you need to make a list to make sure important details are not forgotten?  And then you need to make a list to remind you where you put the original list?  Yeah, that kind of week.

And the funny thing?

I put all the stuff we have to do on the calendar.  THAT calendar.  The schedule calendar.  Play practices, recital, parade, preschool Christmas program, play performance, end of year parties, etc.  Yes, that is all this week.

Oh, and I planned school this week too.

Pardon me for a moment while I ROLL ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING at the absurdity of that.  Granted - we don't have anything going on during the day Tuesday and Wednesday, and will likely do some school on those days, but the rest of the days?  No way.  And truth be told, I will probably be too exhausted on Tuesday to do much of anything other than recover from all the running around we're doing today.

In case you're wondering, this is how you know when your schedule is running you rather than you running your schedule:

If you are a list maker and the words "revise schedule" appear in your to-do list, perhaps your schedule is running you.

Oh well, live and learn, right? 

You'll be happy to know that on my to-do list, next to "revise schedule" is the word TUESDAY, because I simply have not had time to do it yet, and don't expect to really have time to work on it today.  

My "word" of 2010 was content.  (Expect a big blog post on that sometime in the next week or so ... um, maybe next week ... LOL)  Perhaps my word of 2011 should be FLEXIBLE. 

Everyone will be happy to know that I made a dessert last night and no ER visits were required.  ;) 

I hope you all have a fabulous day.  I hope everyone can squeeze out a few moments during the crazy busyness to reflect on the reason for the season, and just rest and ponder the silent night ... God with us ... revealed to us ... His Name is called Immanuel.

No comments: