Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 4, 2011

1000 Gifts - 171 - 180

Pin It

I am feeling so thankful right now. So many blessings!

171. For a great visit with my parents and nephews last weekend. It was really nice to visit with all of them!

172. For Long John Silver's. Also on this list should be the fact that there is no Long John Silver's around here. It isn't so fabulous for the diet. It sure is great when there is one around and I can go get a piece of battered and fried to death piece of fish!

173. For children who really are obedient. Messy but obedient. haha We shoveled cleaned the girls' room this weekend. I don't think anybody was really happy about it, but when it got down to it, they were obedient to get in there and get it done. This has made me dwell a little on how obedient they really are, and how I would take that over spotless clean. :) (Although I'm not going to lie - I'd love to put here in a couple of weeks that their room is still clean!)

174. For a little boy who usually does keep his room pretty clean. Even if clean to him means that everything he loves resides on the bed. And he loves everything. Sometimes it's hard to find the boy in the bed.

175. For mini-vacations. :)

176. For some fabulous grown up conversations with the oldest, and just the realization that she really does have a good head on her shoulders and a sweet heart. And realizing that she picked up a couple of bad habits and thoughts directly from me, and for grace from her when I noticed it and talked to her about it.

177. For Sertino's sugar free mochas ... and for breakfast with the oldest (which would be when the above referenced conversation took place.) :)

178. For confirmation that a decision I've made is the correct decision.

179. Cadbury cream eggs. 'Nuff said.

180. This. And for the awesome privilege of being a small part of it.

I will be linking up with A Holy Experience today.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I enjoyed reading your list of things you are thankful for. I smiled and laughed about some of them, and related to the sleeping with everything... all 3 of my kids have beds full of stuff. :)

Jennifer said...

176 - Yep, our kids tend to be little mirrors, don't they? Scary sometimes.

177 - I've heard about Sertino's but have never been. Yvette and I keep planning to go, but so far it hasn't ended up happening.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for Ann's book. I'm reading it slowly, trying to digest every word. There's a lot there. But I am LOVING it! :)

Anonymous said...

No, you have it all wrong...not Cadbury Cream Eggs, but Caramel Eggs. Now, those are something to be thankful for.

Great list.