Still on something of a blogging break ... but gearing up for back to school soon and will likely be posting regularly again. In the meantime, I remain thankful ...
281. RAIN!! We've had a lot of rain recently and the grass is green, the burn ban is lifted, and it feels back to normal around here. I'm sure we're still way under the amount of rain we need, but it's nice to not be walking on crunchy grass and worrying so much about a stray cigarette thrown out of a car taking out a whole neighborhood.
282. For days like today with nothing on the calendar. Friends are going to come over for lunch and playtime and we have just an easy day today.
283. The smell of cookies in the oven.
284. That the oldest and her cousin had a fabulous time at camp. I was a little worried because the cousin didn't know anybody other than the oldest and sometimes they're the best of friends and sometimes notsomuch, but it could not have gone better! The cousin made some new life-long friends, and the oldest also had a fabulous time! :)
285. The National Guard "two weeks in the summer" is over. We only had one bad day here with Daddy gone, so I'm calling it a success.
286. For a fun family day on Saturday. (And for being reminded that I am officially old now. We went to an army "welcome back" type party ... and OH MY at the young army families there. I really did leave feeling old ... but thankful because I'm not sure I would really want to be in my early or mid twenties again!)
287. For the fun the girls and I are having planning their new bedroom! Walls are coming out very soon and new walls coming in ... and then the fun begins! I'm very excited to give them a pretty bedroom!
288. For a great time the two little ones had at VBS at my friend's church last week. (Although I think I have heard enough of the "b-b-b-b-b big apple adventure" song! Ha! No seriously - I'm glad they learned the songs and go around the house singing them.)
289. For a great weekend visit to my parents last weekend. The oldest sang in their church and we just had a great visit.
290. And for a huge big enormous praise ... which I already mentioned in another post ... but have to shout out again: my mom is DONE with cancer treatment. AWESOME!!
I will be linking up with www.aholyexperience.com today. Feel free to hop on over and read other gratitude journals, or start your own!