Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 5, 2009

Not Me Monday

Pin It


I fully intended to skip "Not Me'ing" this week. I have some real thoughts I want to share. The Lord is speaking to me through my Beth Moore Bible study and I really want to blog about that. These children though ... they provide me with so much "Not Me" material that I just can't help but share. They are going to be so excited about this when they get older and realize that I'm sharing all of their stories with everyone who reads this. (Jim always says that kids are fair game for sermon material, so I figure they are fair game for blog material as well. My blog, my rules.)

So ...

My sweet son ... bless his little heart. He did not at any time this week practice his *aim* into his Handy Manny toolbox. Nope, not my little angel. And if he had done that, he would not have then stuck the tools back into the holes where they belong, this spilling ... um, yeah ... on the floor. And if he had done that, he certainly would never have then picked the thing up and carried it to another room, thus *dripping* through the house. He did not realize how much trouble he was in and figure that sleeping little children do not have to deal with the wrath of mom, and decide to just go to sleep, at 9:30 am. I did not decide that it was better for all involved for him to just take a good long nap.

And my sweet middle one ... bless her little heart too. She didn't receive a flask as a kids meal prize from Chick Fil A because we don't eat a ton of meals there. (ahem ... thank you so much Chick Fil A for opening a restaurant five miles from my house. I sure have gained a lot from the experience of going there several times a week. GAINED. A. LOT.) Anyway ... she did not decide to create her own science experiment with this flask. Her experiment did not include things like shampoo, toothpaste, various things she found in the kitchen, plus grass and bark. She did not try to get her brother to taste her concoction, and when he looked at her as if to ask if she was crazy, she did not pour it down the sink. The sink without a stopper. Nope, not my child.

Hm ... someone is left out. I guess she decided to lay low this week. I'm sure I'll have some tales on her next week. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kids give way too much material when it comes to blogging!